Recipe by « Cuisine gourmande », for: Galets rouges
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 squabs, 350g each, cleaned out and trussed
- 4 tomatoes
- 250g button mushrooms
- 1 pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 200ml strong chicken stock
- 70g butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 sprig of rosemary and 1 sprig of basil
- 1 teaspoon berries
- Salt, pepper
1. Clean and roughly chop the mushrooms.
2. Peel the onion and the shallots. Wash the pepper and cut in 1-inch squares. Wash and cut the tops off the tomatoes, scoop out the pulp and juice, put salt inside and set them upside-down on a tea towel.
3. Set the pulp aside.
Preheat the oven to thermostat 6 (180ºC).
4. Cook the finely chopped onion in hot oil in a pan, add the pepper and mushrooms, add
salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes on high flame.
5. Add the tomato pulp and the rosemary and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Melt 20g of butter in a casserole, add the bulb of garlic unpeeled, the shallots and the seasoned squabs.
7. Cook for 15-20 minutes on a medium flame, stirring frequently.
8. Stuff the tomatoes with the vegetables and place the caps back on. Place them in a greased baking dish and bake for 1 minute in the oven.
9. Take out the hot squabs and cover them with aluminium foil. Remove the fat from the casserole, put the crushed berries and then the stock.
10. Reduce the sauce to half on a high flame, and add the rest of the butter while stirring constantly.
Serve the squabs cut in half with the tomatoes. Garnish it with basil.